This learning module looks at how to evaluate your organisation’s needs and understand your operating environment.
It guides you to develop strategies that build strong collaborative partnerships with donors.
With relationships at the heart of your strategy (partners, stakeholders, beneficiaries) you can create a diverse and resilient funding base that supports your organisation’s vision and mission.
- Understand the basic principles of resource management before you start to fundraise.
- Familiarise yourself with the different types of funding, from corporate donors to online fundraising – a mix is crucial for sustainability.
- Know how to write a resource development strategy – what research to do, who to involve and what to include.
- Understand ethical resource development and its importance in building your organisations reputation.
- Know how to evaluate your resource development strategy.
Whether you are a beginner or looking to refresh your knowledge, this self-taught module will equip you with the skills you need. Practical exercises throughout help you put what you learn into practice.
This is part one of a training programme.