HelpAge International is the secretariat to a global network of organisations promoting the right of all older people to lead dignified, healthy and secure lives.
We strive for significant and lasting impact
- With our network members, we put older people at the centre of everything we do
- We respond to need where we see it, in ways that promote lasting change.
- We speak out with and for older people to challenge discrimination and injustice.
We are inclusive
- We uphold the value and dignity of every person in all our work.
- We respect differences and strive to be inclusive in all we do.
- We seek to listen to all voices, particularly those that struggle to be heard.
We work as committed partners
- We work alongside network members and others to increase reach, influence and impact.
- We are accountable for what we say and do.
- We work collaboratively, building relationships of mutual trust and respect.
We are passionate about learning
- We take every opportunity to learn.
- We make space to reflect and find creative solutions.
- We share what we have learned from our successes and setbacks.
Our vision is a world in which all older people can lead dignified, healthy and secure lives.
Our mission is to promote the wellbeing and inclusion of older women and men, and reduce poverty and discrimination in later life.
We work with older women and men in low and middle-income countries for better services and policies, and for changes in the behaviours and attitudes of individuals and societies towards old age.
We are guided by our Strategy to 2030.