Annual report 2016/17
Read our Annual report and financial statements 2016/2017 (1.2mb).
Key facts and figures 2016/17
- The HelpAge global network grew to 127 members in 77 countries, all working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older people around the world.
- We supported 7,976 older people’s associations with 403,000 members in 26 countries.
- 164,000 people in 42 countries took part in Age Demands Action campaigns.
- We helped build support for a UN convention on the rights of older people, now backed by 37 national governments.
- We led an inter-agency group to develop the Charter on Inclusion of Persons with Disabilities in Humanitarian Action.
- We took part in humanitarian emergency responses around the world, including in East Africa and Yemen.
- We contributed to six national policies on ageing in five countries, potentially benefiting 13 million older people.
Where our money came from and how we spent it
In determining HelpAge International's Ethical Fundraising Policy, its board of trustees is aware of the need to ensure an adequate and sustainable funding base. In accordance with charity law, HelpAge's trustees have an obligation to maximise resources for the charity and, in turn, expenditure on activities that benefit the millions of poor older people around the world.
No fundraising costs were incurred for generating voluntary income because we do not raise funds from the public directly in the UK.
We welcome donations to support our work with older people in developing countries. Make a donation online today.
Thank you to all our donors, including: