We believe that the contribution older people make to society is invaluable. Yet older people remain some of the poorest and most neglected in the world. We are committed to helping them claim their rights, challenge discrimination and overcome poverty.
Our vision and mission
Our vision is of a world in which all older people can lead dignified, active, healthy and secure lives.
We work with our partners to ensure that people everywhere understand how much older people contribute to society and that they must enjoy their right to healthcare, social services and economic and physical security.
We believe that "age helps" - a position which puts the experience of older women and men at the centre of our work. This guides the type of programmes we run, the way we develop our advocacy work and the way we communicate.
Our values and the way we behave are:
How we work
- We put older men and women at the heart of our work, involving them in programme design, implementation and review.
- We work in partnership with like-minded organisations.
- We provide services where governments are not.
- We respond to emergencies quickly and effectively.
- We develop ways of improving older people's lives by monitoring our programmes.
- We persuade policy makers to address ageing issues.