- Lunch and travel expenses
- Minimum 6 months – one or two days per week
- Opportunity to gain experience with a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
Do you want to stand up for the rights of older people? Are you interested in resource development and fundraising, looking for flexible volunteering that fits in with your existing commitments? If yes - this is a great opportunity for you.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain experience working in an international NGO
- Learn more about and gain practical experience in resource development, international development donors, both multilateral and bilateral, corporate social responsibility, etc.
- Enhance your knowledge about one of the critical global trends of the 21st century; population ageing and issues affecting older people
- Meet experts in the field of resource development, human rights and ageing issues and develop new contacts – in London and around the world
- Feel the satisfaction of being part of a global organization collaborating to achieve change for older people.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will have excellent written communication skills with some experience of writing concept notes and funding proposals. You will be self-motivated and ability to manage your own time and juggle a wide range of competing demands. It is important that you have strong IT skills to include MS Office and digital platforms.
As part of our commitment to diversity and equality, we would like to encourage applications from older and retired persons. All applications will be assess based on merit and their ability to carry out the job.
Closing date: 15 June 2018
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign.