- Salary is between 30,504 – 38,919 GBP per annum
- Competitive package with employer pension contribution and other benefits
- Home based. In Asia region.
- 2 year fixed term with possible extension
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
If you're looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
The Asia Pacific Regional Office, based in Chiang Mai, Thailand, hosts a team of Regional Programme Manager, providing technical leadership in a specific sector.
The Regional Programme Manager have 8 key functions:
- Providing cross-country technical support to country offices and network members;
- Project management, as defined thematically or geographically;
- Network development in their thematic area of geographic area of responsibility;
- Regional advocacy to promote
- Resource development in their technical field, in collaboration with Regional Resource Development Manager;
- Knowledge management in their technical field;
- Team based support for other sectorial work of the regional or global offices;
- New initiatives and contribution to other areas of work in the scope of multifunctional approaches.
The Regional Programme Manager – DRR and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response specifically will be responsible for regional leadership of HelpAge’s emergency preparedness and humanitarian responses. This includes developing, resourcing and implementing a regional humanitarian preparedness strategy to strengthen the humanitarian response capabilities of HelpAge network members and offices in the Asia Pacific region. The strategy will include offering capacity building and mentoring, resource mobilisation, systems development, response planning, as well as engagement in national, regional and global advocacy and policy work. When required, the role will be to oversee the initial phases of regional humanitarian responses.
The post-holder will be home-based in the Asia region.
He/she will be required to spend at least 30-40% of the time providing hands-on support to HelpAge and network partner staff in the region.
- Leading on the development, resourcing and implementation of regional emergency preparedness strategy for HelpAge offices, network members and implementing partners in Asia-Pacific
- Providing technical advice in inclusive and integrated Humanitarian Response, DRR and Resilience to HelpAge offices, network members and implementing partner staff, as well as external actors (based on influencing strategy)
- Responsible for monitoring the risk in the Asia region and provide information to region and HuT
- Supporting resource development and fundraising for humanitarian preparedness initiatives and responses.
- Assessing and supporting country offices in their response readiness
- Managing inclusive DRR and other humanitarian projects in close cooperation with network members and country offices
- Developing and delivering a regional advocacy and policy influencing strategy promoting inclusive and integrated programmes and representation of the HelpAge network in national, regional and global forums
- Supporting inclusive programme and project design and delivery, particularly of training and capacity building for community based organisations, HelpAge and network partners’ staff, implementing partners and third-party organisations
- Supporting the funding calls for the region in consultation with RD and focal person for the START-Fund Alerts
- When required, leading the initial phase of humanitarian responses in collaboration with relevant HelpAge members, offices and Humanitarian Team in London.
- Supporting project and programme monitoring, evaluation and learning in collaboration with country, network members and/or implementing partner staff
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
- Understanding of international development and disaster risk management, climate change, and humanitarian interventions;
- Substantial and demonstrable experience in project management in the field of DRR and humanitarian responses, preferably in Asia;
- Strong capacity building, facilitation and networking skills;
- Strong technical knowledge in community based organisations, disaster risk reduction and disaster risk management at grassroots levels;
- Demonstrable experience working with Government and international agencies in DRR, humanitarian preparedness and response;
- Essential work experience and proven knowledge of organisational preparedness and humanitarian issues and challenges in context of countries within Asia region;
- Strong commitment to promote inclusion of older people and people with disability into humanitarian response
- Capacity to design project concepts, draft project outlines, proposals and budgets;
- Proven ability to influence others to advance towards successful outcomes, including government, UN agencies and donors through successful advocacy;
- Experience and capacity in developing research and learning work
- Experience in strategic planning and reporting;
- Fluent in English with strong writing and organisation skills;
- Ability to work in multi-cultural, multi-ethnic teams;
- Ability to travel extensively at short notice.
- Knowledge and experience working with and for older people;
- Experience working international network, globally or in the context of Asia.
How to apply:
Please submit your application document consists of;
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role that should not be more than 1 page of A4 size
- An updated curriculum vitae (CV)
- Three referees, including your most recent employer
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 25 June 2018. Applications will be reviewed as they come in and candidates may be invited for interview before the closing date.
Start date: As soon as possible
DOWNLOAD FULL JD HERE
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign.