- Amman, Jordan
- Salary range up to £59,700
- Plus international staff relocation and benefits
- Competitive pension contribution and other benefits
If you're looking to progress your NGO career, please read on.
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
We are currently seeking a Regional Director to lead our Eurasia & Middle East region based out of Amman, Jordan. The job holder will:
- Provide leadership and strategic direction to HelpAge International’s work in the region, encompassing programming, policy, communications and campaigning activities with network members.
- Perform global leadership role as a member of the Global Leadership Team with London-based directors and other regional directors, and contributing to delivering the desired culture, ways of working, and effectiveness of the organisation.
- Support the effective governance of HelpAge International by providing the Board and subcommittees with accurate and transparent information on our work in the region.
As the ideal candidate, you will have substantial experience of international development and/or humanitarian work.
It is important that you have excellent ability to lead, inspire and manage a diverse team, and supporting teams working remotely. You will be able to demonstrate strong influencing, analytical and communication skills required for the role.
Please see our recruitment pack for more information, or contact our retained consultants at TPP EME@tpp.co.uk.
Closing Date: 5 December 2016
Start Date: ASAP
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment.
As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity we are the only international NGO member of the Business in the Community gender campaign.