One year full time position, fixed-term contract
Based in Yangon, Myanmar (with national/regional travel)
USD 1000 monthly stipend and USD 750 monthly rent allowance
Visa costs and travel to/from home country
Local health insurance cover
Start date: As soon as possible
HelpAge International is a global network of organisations promoting the rights of older people to lead dignified, healthy and secure lives. We work in partnership with affiliates and partners in more than 20 countries in the East Asia and Pacific region. In Myanmar, the overall aim of the country programme is to support the development of policies and practices that enhance active involvement of older people in development at all levels while also reducing poverty and vulnerability.
We are now looking for a Programme Associate (International) to support our Myanmar country programme operations. The Programme Associate will support the Senior Programme Coordinator in Resource Development and Grants Management by identifying funding opportunities and supporting the development of concept notes and full proposals for donors. She/He will assist in conceptualization and publication of communications materials that are essential for building relations with key donors, partners and external stakeholders. The Programme Associate will also support effective implementation of projects, quality improvement and donor reporting as needed.
Role and Responsibilities:
Reporting and Proposal Development
- Preparation of inputs for reporting, supervise collation, consolidation and review of quarterly, annual and other reports including donor reporting;
- Donor mapping, donor intelligence and accessing relevant donors to support the strategy of HelpAge Myanmar to achieve its overall goal;
- Desk review, assessments and necessary inputs to the development of new proposals, resource mobilization strategies, and other documents in support of country programme development;
- Contribute to the proposal development work in response to calls for proposals issued by donors that are relevant to growth of our work;
- Identification of opportunities for initiation of new projects, active contribution to the overall office effort in resource mobilization.
Monitoring & Evaluation and Operations
- Support the Senior Programme Coordinator in maintaining an effective M&E and accountability framework process to ensure high quality programme delivery;
- Visit project locations together with programme staff to monitor progress and collect case studies, success stories and support development of appropriate communications and M&E materials;
- Promote the documentation and dissemination of the lessons learned in our work;
- Establish contacts and advocate for replication of an older people led approach for community development by using project experiences and evidences with international and national agencies, particularly the Department of Social Welfare, UN agencies and national NGOs/CSOs.
- Support the programme team in ensuring that HelpAge’s contract management guidelines are adhered to;
- Assist in ensuring the contract management database is regularly updated and accurate.
- Capacity building and training of local staff and partners as needed;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice;
- Supporting communications and media activities including events and workshops for enhancing the profile of our work in the country.
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies or related field;
- Excellent English communication and writing skills with ability to tailor writing style to different target audiences;
- Experience and interest in graphic design with working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign;
- Strong IT skills including MS Office Package, particularly in Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with an ability to prioritize effectively and meet deadlines;
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work effectively with culturally diverse team members from various disciplines, and in a fast-paced team environment;
- Flexible approach to working outside normal office hours, particularly when called upon to support country teams or meet deadlines.
- Master’s degree in social sciences, international relations, development studies or related field;
- Previous experience working in Myanmar or with an international NGO;
- Knowledge of Myanmar’s political history;
- Experience in developing and maintaining media relations;
- Publishing or editing experience;
Understanding of issues related to older people / demographic ageing.
All applications (CV and motivation letter) should be sent to: email@example.com
The deadline for applications is 9 March 2018.
Download full Job Description HERE
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.