MEAL Manager, Jordan
Based in Amman, Jordan
Scope for flexible working hours
Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
If you're looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
In order to meet older people’s humanitarian needs and develop effective strategies and expertise, HelpAge and its partners implement inclusion programmes in Eurasia and Middle East in humanitarian contexts including conflict and displacement settings and in the aftermath of natural disasters.
In order to achieve the quality and scale of support that is required to meet the humanitarian needs of older people in an ageing world, we engage in inclusion project in Jordan. This to shape and inform our inclusion work with other humanitarian actors including NGOs, UN agencies, clusters, governments, donors and private sector actors to ensure older people and those with disability related vulnerabilities are included in response to Syrian Crises in Jordan.
The selected candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the accountability and M&E function within the Regional Office and Jordan Country Programme, and as follows:
· Develop, implement, and continuously assess monitoring frameworks for this project and all HelpAge partnerships
· Develop the overall framework for project M&E tools and systems in collaboration with donor and senior project staff, ensuring they meet reporting, baseline, and evaluation survey requirements
· Develop and monitor project management plan to systematically document performance
· Facilitate design of “SMART” objectives, logic models, monitoring frameworks, and evaluation plans during annual work-planning process
· Ensure the alignment of M&E activities with program goals
· Work with program staff to ensure M&E tools and processes are understood and used
· Participation in report drafting on the project implementation
· Manage the establishment and oversee a Complaints Response Mechanism (CRM) in the Field Offices, which ensures all HAI beneficiaries can provide confidential complaints and feedback about HAI and its partners
· Monitor the process, supporting the adaption and improvement of the CRM system
· Ensure data protection and confidentiality at all stages of the process
· Support the HAI team in the implementation of HAP (Humanitarian Accountability Partnership) standards, HAIs Protection Policy Protection Policy and Code of Conduct.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
· Relevant bachelor degree in social sciences (M&E is preferred)
· Experience in program design and M&E plan development
· Strong interpersonal skills and managerial capacity
· Good level of proficiency in Windows Excel and quantitative analysis
· Experience of development and implementation of needs assessment, research and data collection activities, including data analysis.
· Fluent English language skills
· Minimum 5 years professional experience preferably in humanitarian crises
· Ability to work under presser and without supervision
· Extensive experience working positively in teams
· Ability to design M&E tools, surveys, surveillance systems, and evaluations
· Master’s degree (is plus)
· Experience of working in the Middle East region
· Knowledge and experience of ageing and issues facing older people in emergencies
· Arabic language
This vacancy is open for International Staff, and also for professional National Staff who possess the relevant post requirements.
Closing date: 26th of June 2017
Interview week: first week of July 2017
Start date: As soon as possible
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign