Logistics Assistant Driver, Jordan
Based in Amman, Jordan
Scope for flexible working hours
Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
If you're looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
Under the supervision of Inclusion Advisor the Logistics Assistant Driver will establish and implement efficient and accountable systems for procurement, stock management, transportation and distribution during the project implementation, he is also required to perform the routine vehicle driving in a safe manner to provide support for the programme activities as required in relevant field offices. The job requires a frequent travelling within Jordan. The Logistics Assistant Driver should ensure the proper implementation of the following key tasks:
· Organise all procurement of goods and services as per donor’s and HelpAge International Procurement Policy
· Ensure that procured stocks are received, registered, and dispatched in an efficient and accountable manner
· Ensure the development and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships to ensure HelpAge International receives the best value for money.
· Maintain up to date contracts for suppliers of utilities, services and offices for the project, and in liaison with senior finance officer.
· Perform any other task in the frame of procurement/logistics upon request by line manager.
Stock Management (15%)
· Ensure the filing system to record and archive all stock movements is rigorously maintained
· Conduct physical stock checks periodically and investigate any discrepancies.
· Ensure that up-to-date inventories and asset registers are compiled and maintained.
Driving, Transportation (35%)
· Drive safely and courteously to any location determined by a colleague.
· Work as closely as possible to the schedule designed by the Support Services team, working to limit delays and disruption to plans.
· Keep vehicles and vehicle equipment and contents clean, safe and well maintained.
· Ensure vehicles are ready to travel at any given notice, fuelled and equipped as required.
· Load and unload vehicles as required.
· Ensure that staff members arrive to destination safely and soundly.
· Conduct a regular check on HelpAge Vehicles, to make sure that all are well-functioning and up to the safety standards.
· Undertake any other duties assigned by line manager
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
- High School “Diploma degree is a plus- preferred in Business Administration or any related field”.
- At least (1) year and up to 5 years of experience in driving and Excellent understanding of procurement/logistics policies and procedures with an emphasis on organisation and donor compliance.
- Possession of a valid driving licence “minimum with the third category”
· Experience in working in an international organisation and/or with humanitarian/development work will be an asset.
· Intermediate English proficiency, Written and spoken
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal
· Good IT skills (primarily familiarity with Microsoft Office programmes - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· Arabic native speaker
Closing date: 05th of July 2017
Interview week: Second to third week of July 2017
Start date: As soon as possible
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign