Inclusion Advisor, Jordan
Based in Amman, Jordan
Scope for flexible working hours
Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
If you're looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
The Inclusion Advisor will be responsible for project management and the implementation of the inclusion of older people in humanitarian livelihood intervention in Jordan, building strategic relationships with local government, national and internatonal stakeholders, privete sector actors. Support the capacity building of key stakeholders responding to the Syrian crisis in Jordan and undertake activities in the area of inclusive humanitarian programme development by HelpAge and stakeholders.
The Inclusion Advisor should ensure the proper implementation of the following key tasks:
1. Project Managent.
2. Protection and Inclusion project strategy development and implementation
3. Capacity Development and Relationship building
4. Evidence, learning, monitoring and evaluation
5. To undertake any other responsibilities and tasks in furtherance of the goals of HelpAge International as required.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will have:
· University degree (Master’s degree a plus) in humanitarian-related disciplines, social work, gender issues, human rights, international law or other social science fields.
· 5 years of Extensive experience developing and managing advocacy and outreach programmes at national and field levels.
· Experience of working in the Middle East region
· Knowledge and experience of ageing and issues facing older people in emergencies
· Arabic language
· Demonstrated networking and advocacy skills.
· Strong communication skills, written and verbal
· Good IT skills (primarily familiarity with Microsoft Office programmes - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
This vacancy is open for International Staff, and also for professional National Staff who possess the relevant post requirements.
Closing date: 26th of June 2017
Interview week: first to second week of July 2017
Start date: As soon as possible
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign