- Permanent, based in London
- Salary is Band F, 8.5% employer pension contribution and other benefits
- â€‹Scope for flexible working, including working from home
- Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
All candidates must have the existing right to work in the UK
If you're looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International's vision is of a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
We are currently seeking a Head of Communications and Digital. Your will be responsible for
· Strategic leadership of a global communications team, managing a small team in London and matrix management of regional and country communications staff
· Strategic direction for HelpAge Secretariat’s global communications including media, digital and publications
· Developing and building the global communications capability and reach in partnership with the HelpAge global network
· Developing and implementing a global communications strategy and framework across the HelpAge secretariat
· Developing global communications strategy for the HelpAge global network with the newly formed Network development team
· Leadership and delivery of major digital projects and supporting Digital transformation at HelpAge
· Developing and supporting the implementation of a knowledge management platform, closely working with key stakeholders, ranging from the Leadership group, Trustees, members of the HelpAge global network
· Managing the communications team, matrix management of three regional Heads of Communication based in regional offices in Africa, Asia, and Eurasia and the Middle East and consultants
Essential skills, knowledge and experience
The ideal candidate will have substantial experience of managing a global communications team and coordinating multi-faceted global communications with multiple actors. It is essential that you have proven experience of developing and implementing communications strategies and plans. You will be able to demonstrate experience of successfully working on digital transformation projects and proven understanding of changing landscape in digital services and product delivery. Strong leadership skills, people and project management skills, budget management skills and negotiating skills are vital to be successful in this role.
Solid understanding of user experience techniques and demonstrable interest in issues of ageing populations and ageing and development are desirable.
Please see further details in the job description.
Closing date: 5th July 2017
Start date: ASAP
Interviews will take place from week commencing 17th July 2017.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign.