· Salary up to £43,000 based on skills and experience
· Competitive pension contribution and other benefits
· Scope for flexible working, including working from home
· Opportunity to work for a leading humanitarian charity
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
If you're looking to progress your finance career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
We are currently seeking a skilled individual to join this team in the role of Financial Systems Accountant.
Working in the London finance unit, you will be responsible for
· preparing a monthly management accounts pack that is reviewed by directors and board members
· preparing UK statutory accounts
· collating/analysing corporate level financial information for internal and external use
· maintaining and improving Infor 10 (SUN & VISION) based financial system and support other finance staff in system-related matters
· ensuring the organisation’s internal controls are adhered
· reviewing the VAT report before being sent to the tax authorities
· advising and assisting in the preparation of budgets
· preparing, analysing and discussing internal project financial monitoring reports with programme/project managers.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience expected
As the ideal candidate, you will:
· be fully qualified with a recognised financial qualification
· have good knowledge of major financial systems for a mid-size organisation, preferably SUN financial system and Vision Reporting software
· have demonstrable experience in the preparation, production, and interpretation of monthly accounts
· be experienced in preparing corporate-level statutory accounts in accordance to SORP requirements
· have a thorough understanding of donor requirements and the management of restricted funds, as well as experience of working with different currencies.
Closing Date: 6 November 2016
Start Date: January 2017
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment.
As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity we are the only international NGO member of the BITC Gender Campaign.