The ALERT project is a START Network project led by HelpAge International and supported by a consortium of humanitarian agencies and academic institutions. The ALERT Project aims to increase emergency preparedness of humanitarian agencies and provide the humanitarian community with an information management platform that facilitates an increased level of emergency preparedness and maintains their operational preparedness at a consistent and appropriate level.
Since July 2017 the Platform has been rolled out and stakeholders set up and trained in its use. Training and testing has taken place in five countries (Philippines, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Kenya and Mozambique) as well as at an International level with donors and INGO headquarters.
The ALERT Consortium is now seeking a consultant to support the ALERT team with a piece of work reviewing and refining the training materials and activities for:
• Risk Ranking
• Risk Indicator Monitoring
• Developing Minimum Preparedness Actions
• Country Profile background information to aid desktop simulation exercise
The consultant will be providing the final material to the ALERT team by the 15th of January.
The ideal consultant(s) will have minimum of 3 years of experience of working on adult training and good knowledge of the IASC ERP approaches. It is essential that you have experience of delivering capacity-building workshops in emergency preparedness as well as experience working with NGOs to improve their preparedness practice.
Expression of Interest
Interested consultants are invited to submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) for delivery of the assignment to Saffi Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than COB Tuesday 2nd January. EOI should include the following:
· A short (maximum one page) cover letter addressing the profile criteria above
· CV (maximum 3 pages) outlining his/her experience
· An outline plan for delivering the brief including deadlines for key deliverables and a financial proposal (providing cost estimates for services rendered including daily consultancy fees).
Please, see Terms of Reference for the full description of the consultancy.
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.