Permanent, based in London
- Competitive salary, 8.5% pension contribution and other benefits
- Scope for flexible working, including working from home
- To work for a leading organisation working with and for older people globally
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK.
If you're looking to progress your career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits including 33 days holiday (including bank holidays), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
About the role
The Campaigns Officer will play a crucial role in HelpAge’s global campaigns to ensure our partner organisations and campaigners are effectively campaign for the rights of older people around the world. You will work with teams across the organisation to deliver integrated global campaigns.
HelpAge is looking for a resourceful Campaigns Officer to support the Communications and Campaigns team:
· to manage global campaign activity that aims to change policy and improve the lives of older people
· to support the organisation’s global advocacy agenda through the campaign team’s activities
· to work effectively with campaign partners in building advocacy capacity and to develop campaigning resources
· to create online and communications content to support campaigns work
· to seek out new opportunities to ensure the voices of older campaigners are heard through various communications and campaigns platforms
· to lead on the development of the Age Demands Action steering group, a group of older campaigners from around the world who provide direction for our campaigns work in order for us to be accountable to older people
· to be responsible for managing campaign volunteers
About youare looking for a proactive individual, with experience of developing and delivering successful campaigns to achieve meaningful change. You will have worked in an international environment in previous roles. You will have excellent communication skills that will enable you to communicate with partners and colleagues around the world, be able to write compelling communications content and have good social media skills. You will be willing to travel.
Closing date: 11 May
Interview week: 15 May
Start date: ASAP
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment. As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign.