· £26,244 gross per annum (pro rata)
· Competitive pension contribution and other benefits
· Job-sharing position
· Scope for flexible working, including working from home
· Opportunity to work for a leading organisation working with and for older people internationally
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE EXISTING RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
If you're looking to progress your finance career in a great working environment, please read on.
Our employees have a wide range of benefits, including 33 days’ holiday (inclusive of bank holidays; pro rata for part timers), life insurance, enhanced maternity and adoption pay, and generous employer pension contribution. We also actively support our staff with a variety of flexible working arrangements to help balance work and home life.
HelpAge International's vision is a world where older people fulfil their potential to lead active, dignified, healthy and secure lives. We are the secretariat of the HelpAge global network, bringing together more than 114 affiliates and 200 partners working with older people in over 50 countries.
We are currently seeking a skilled individual to join our team as Assistant Accountant. This is a job-sharing role on a fixed-term oneyear contract working two days a week on Monday and Friday.
Main tasks include:
· processing of financial returns and the maintenance of UK bank accounts
· processing of UK payments into the internal banking system and onto our accounting system (Sun Accounts)
· managing staff travel advances/expenses
· being responsible for month-end reconciliation and supporting the year-end procedure, ensuring that all financial returns are completed accurately and within the required timeframe.
Essential skills, knowledge and experience expected
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or have relevant accounting experience, including experience of working with different currencies and making overseas payments. You will have strong IT, communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and verbal. It is also essential you have excellent analytical and reporting skills, with high levels of accuracy.
Experience of working on the finances of a not-for-profit/charitable organisation is desirable.
Closing Date: 20 January 2017
Start Date: ASAP
HelpAge International is an equal opportunities employer.
HelpAge International is committed to providing our staff with continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to thrive within an inclusive and diverse environment.
As part of our commitment to promoting gender diversity, we are a member of the Business in the Community gender campaign.