On 1 October 2007, HelpAge International launched Age Demands Action (ADA) through partners in 27 countries – the first globally coordinated grassroots platform for older people to campaign against age discrimination and fight for their rights. ADA launched on the UN's International Day of Older Persons and since 2012 has included World Health Day and World Elder Abuse Awareness Day as key campaign moments.
The ADA platform has shown some impressive achievements. Not only has it grown from 27 countries in 2007 to 59 participating countries in October 2017, it has also mobilised a significant number of older people to campaign for their rights.
A review of ADA last took place in 2012. The review provided recommendations on the coordination and approaches used for ADA, a number of which were implemented. It has been five years since the last review and ten years since ADA began and is the opportune moment to review ADA once again. The purpose of the review is to provide recommendations on how we take ADA forward, whilst retaining ADA as an older person-led campaigning platform.
The ideal consultant(s) will have
- A postgraduate qualification (Masters or above) in Social Sciences or International development with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in research and evaluation.
- Proven experience in evaluation of research and awareness raising projects. Experience of research on campaigning, advocacy, social change or related field.
- Strong communication skills, proficient in working across all levels of institutions with experience of conducting primary data collection activities sensitively in a range of contexts.
- Excellent report writing skills in English
Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest are sought from applicants meeting the criteria above. These should be addressed to Jemma Stovell at the following address: email@example.com no later than midnight on 28 March 2018.
Expressions of interest should include:
- A short (one page) cover letter addressing the selection criteria above
- CV (maximum 3 pages) outlining his/her experience
- Summary Proposal (maximum 3 pages) illustrating the applicant’s understanding of the TOR and task to be accomplished, plus a draft evaluation framework and plan including any logistic support required
- Financial proposal: The financial proposal should provide cost estimates for services rendered including daily consultancy fees.
Please, see Terms of Reference for the full description of the consultancy.