From the HelpAge EU office in Brussels we work in several areas to support older people:
- We fight for older people's needs and rights to be embedded in the development and humanitarian aid policies of the EU, the world's biggest overseas aid donor.
- We influence targeted EU members states’ position on post-2015 sustainable development agenda to ensure it responds effectively to global population ageing.
- We share network evidence with the European Commission and other powerful actors such as the Members of the European Parliament and EU member state national governments.
- We work to strengthen our capacity as a network to influence EU development and humanitarian policies.
- We work on advocacy with European governments around older people's rights in support of HelpAge's global campaign for an international convention on the rights of older people.